.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Neolibertarian Network

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can it be called Dialogue?

Socrates: that's how I got my job
Socrates: I had to charm them for a couple hours
Socrates: they said I was a great presenter
Marie Antoinette: Oh. You mean.. like when I smile too much, act polite and sweet?
Socrates: sort of
Marie Antoinette: What do you do?
Socrates: well, first of all I have to carry on a normal conversation
Socrates: which I don't usually do
Socrates: make eye contact, smile, mirror the other person's body language and react approvingly to what they say
Socrates: pretend to be interested
Socrates: figure out what they want to hear and say it
Marie Antoinette: Like a dating sim.
Socrates: pretend to be whatever they think I should be
Socrates: yeah
Socrates: I mean, I'm a genius and they should let me run the company
Socrates: but the fact is humans perceive things through the filter of their own preconceptions
Marie Antoinette: mm.
Socrates: so I can't be honest or they will take reality and twist it around
Socrates: I have to give them something they can comprehend, and make it positive

4 Comments:

Anonymous knb said...

nice story. that a dialogue... good to sharing. kindly visit me for car specification info. http://driveology.blogspot.com

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Carpet cleaning Sacramento said...

Very efficiently written post. It will be useful to anybody who usess it, including me. Keep up the good work. I can’t wait to read more posts.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous cleaning services east melbourne said...

I really like your write ups, I should bookmark this page so I can drop by more often.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous tonsil stones prevention said...

socrates was speaking it all. she was all like a listener.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home