.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Updates

Now that I'm no longer a child prodigy, but a bum in a pink bathtowel, I no longer feel the need to guard my identity so closely. I estimate that 14% of all libertarian bloggers are engineers or programmers.

Anyway, I invented a new form of irony today. I've been using it for a while, but only this morning did full understanding dawn upon me.

Essentially, you make a statement whose intended veracity is ambiguous. Is it meant to be taken seriously, sarcastically, whimsically, or is it sarcastic but secretly true for PC purposes? No one knows what you really meant, but the point of the statement is, like a koan, to make the audience reflect on the contradictions inherent in society's consensus truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home