.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Friday, August 29, 2008

Palin

You might've noticed I don't comment on the political issue of the day that often. Frankly, spending a thousand words to add to the babbling horde of talking points regurgitators is not my strong point. I do, however, follow all the overwrought argumentation closely.

Palin makes me want to vote for McCain. I was thinking about doing it anyway, but I'm not even registered in Houston yet. It wasn't like I particularly cared about the election, even though McCain would delay the end of the American Empire by a few years (three).

But Palin. She could be president after McCain is incapacitated by a stroke in 2011! She's a real person. Alaska is too rural for my taste, but Anchorage is one of the few cities that doesn't grate on my nerves with crowds of effete fools. You can get reindeer sausage on a bun there! Better than pork. You can walk down the street without getting arrested! (I'm looking at you, Stockton.) You can buy a Wii right off the shelf. The age of consent is 16. Oil flows like water, and salmon jump right onto your plate. The sun doesn't set in the summer, so you can barbecue at 2 AM!

Anyway, if Palin can make me want to vote, McCain must've made the right choice.

What strikes me about the coverage so far is that the Democrats don't have a consistent set of lies narrative so far. It's more schizophrenic than usual. The inexperience thing is laughable and bound to backfire. I hope the pundits can agree on what Palin's selection means before the RNC starts.

Update: When I need more evidence of schizophrenia, I always go to Andrew Sullivan. He's entertaining and has a weird sort of logic that's sound but based on bizarre postulates. Anyway, he's been posting all day about how horrible the Palin selection is. Money Quote: "He [McCain] really seems to think that Palin is as qualified as Obama to be president." Uh? She's not? I honestly don't understand how Obama is more qualified. She can catch up on a bunch of superficial talking points and be just as aware of national issues as Obama within a week. With respect to other types of experience, I find her in the lead. I don't see how Andrew sees such a gulf that he can make that statement. Well, he sometimes constructs these narratives in his mind and runs away with them. He'll probably be more moderate in a few days.

Update 2: It just struck me, reading how Sullivan talks about how Biden is a more "serious" pick for VP. He actually has respect for politicians. He thinks that some of them have the slightest idea what the f*** is going on. He doesn't believe that they're all talented liars, elected by a horde of sheeple with IQs between 100 and 120, who are leading the country along its path to inevitable destruction with their compleat lack of understanding of logic, math, economics, science, technology, game theory, ethics, history, etc, etc. He thinks that Biden, Obama, or some other politician could *actually* examine problems and solve them to improve the country.

I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home