.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tales of the Cypherpunkt - E

index

It hit me when I got out of the shower. A portable keychain-type thing with a 128 bit hardcoded random sequence and a 128 bit flash sequence that could be reset. You pop it into a USB slot and use it for encryption. The algorithm would be hardcoded into the chip.

My sister was like, yeah, then I can download whatever I want at work, put it on my USB drive, and they won't know what it is.

And I'm like... yeah. but maybe a female connector so you can put your USB drive in one end and stick the other end in the computer and it automatically encrypts and decrypts whatever goes through it?

And then I'm like, maybe a USB stick with preloaded encryption software would be better. The chip would be cooler, but I can't design ICs and the speed bonus and cost aren't really worth it.

So now I'm making it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home