.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Monday, April 21, 2008

Tales of the Cypherpunk - C

index

I ran in the street when it was 103 out. Humid. I ran because I was homeless and jobless and had nothing better to do. So I got to her house, let myself in, got a glass of water in a glass cylinder with little crosshatched squares on the outside, and plopped down on the couch. It was so cool and leather. My head throbbed. I didn't move again. I fell asleep.

And when I slept, I dreamt of a city made of encryption. It was transparent and sprouted up from a round beveled base of the same stuff. The buildings were generally taller in the center; the skyline was a noisy 3d fourier series. And though the walls were made of nothing more than mathematics itself, they were impenetrable. They were translucent, matte grey, and opaque all at the same time. Streams of squiggles wiggled around the surfaces. I saw it for one timeless moment. I still see it.

I woke with useless muscles and nausea and thirst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home