.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Friday, October 27, 2006

Tax Revolt

Well, I know that I can do little to help create a groundswell of support for this guy, but linking him is the least I can do.

As a Burkean conservative, I don't try to overthrow the government on a daily basis. I think we should work in small, incremental steps towards anarchy, and if it doesn't work out we'll just back off a bit and try something else. If someone proves the viability of anarchy one way or the other, so much the better.

So I'm not shooting at federal agents, which would be morally questionable, and I'll probably pay my taxes next time I owe some. But for practical purposes, I think that public support for tax protestors would be a good thing. True, most of them are not really anti-tax on sound ethical principle grounds. Many got in trouble with the IRS and are rationalizing their problems now, like that dude says in the article. Nonetheless they serve their purpose as icons. I have reason to believe Beale is more or less legitimate, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home