.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm John Galt

I started reading Atlas Shrugged, after having to reserve it- and it's reserved again so I have to return it in two weeks- crazy. Anyway, it turns out that besides being a crazy b!tch, Ayn Rand is a pretty good writer. Since the thing is around 1200 pages, I thought I'd post a few quotes now and then.

"You know how it is nowadays... They think your attitude is anti-social."
"I don't give a damn what they think."
Paul Larkin sighed.

Priceless. This Rearden dude is a bit antisocial. Hey, here's a quote from an anime series called Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu that I'm watching:

"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement."

Episodes 1, 2, and 11 are HILARIOUS. If you want to watch it, it can be downloaded from a.scarywater.net/afk using bittorrent protocol. Word of warning: the series is so avant garde that it makes ME nervous. The episodes were aired out of chronological order, which has its merits. I'm watching them in chronological order, to keep my head from exploding. However, the anachronic order might be good too. Episode 11 is the first one, and it's a short film made by the main characters. In the film, they play characters that are similar to themselves, so in a way it's a good introduction. Then 1 and 2 are 2 and 3.. Episode 6 is episode 14, because it's climactic... anyway...

I highly recommend Onegai Twins and to a lesser extent its prequel, Onegai Teacher, if you like romantic comedies and don't mind subtitled japanese animation. They have some adult content, but Teacher isn't bad... except episode 13. Twins has bath scenes almost every episode, soooo.

Update: Yes, my idea of a good time involves subtitles, Ayn Rand, and a cheese steak sub with tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, and peppers. And yes, Rand did come up with Objectivism, which is somewhat related to anarcho-capitalism. While it's possible I agree with the absolutist tenets of Objectivism, its adherents are kinda creepy. Anyway, that's for a later post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home