.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Intuition Wins Again

I had a hunch that Mitt Romney, the GOP Governor of Massachusetts and a potential 08 Presidential candidate, would suck majorly.

Now we have proof.

He is either a liar or incompetent. Normally "communist" is the third choice, but he denies that option in the article. Here is the most blatantly incompetent line:

Some of my libertarian friends balk at what looks like an individual mandate. But remember, someone has to pay for the health care that must, by law, be provided: Either the individual pays or the taxpayers pay. A free ride on government is not libertarian.

1) Or you can repeal the law requiring health care, which also solves the problem.
2) To a libertarian, government excess is the enemy; therefore, ruthlessly taking advantage of it for personal profit is almost a moral duty. A free ride on government, in this case, IS libertarian.
3) It doesn't "look like" and individual mandate. It "is" an individual mandate. I'm not sure why he's making a big deal about this, when Jaywalking is still illegal. Jaywalking doesn't hurt the car, does it?
4) We could also provide emergency care by repealing the prohibition on human organ dealing, so that emergency care could be exchanged for a lien on the patient's internal organs to be cashed upon death. This would save more lives than we do already, eliminate regulation, save money for individuals and government...
5) Or we could just charge people for emergency care without an organ lien and instead, tighten up the bankruptcy laws. Maybe bring back indentured servitude if need be.

6) Or we could privatise health care. Currently, research is spent on new products, not price reduction, because prices are subsidised and therefore are not a selling point. If health care had to compete on price funds would shift from other economic sectors to take advantage of the inefficiencies.

Well, despite the fact I'm a rabid extremist koook and shouldn't be taken seriously, neither should Romney.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ivor Manuel prophet said...

Thus says the Lord God of ISRAEL, Let my People go!
When the Great God of Israel, the Mighty Lord, the only God appeared unto Moses in a flame of fire out of the midst of a “bush:” and he looked, and behold, the “bush” was not consumed. And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my People which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters: for I know their sorrow. And I AM come down to deliver them out of the hands of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good and large land flowing with milk and honey. Now therefore, behold, the cry of the Children of Israel (those that struggle with God, the poor and suffering) is come unto Me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that you may bring forth My People the Children of Israel out of Egypt. That was then, when with signs miracles and wanders God did bring His People out of Egypt. But now, a White Bright Light appeared unto me, and my understanding heard His Voice saying: “Thus says the LORD GOD of ALL PEOPLE. I AM the LORD; and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, and unto Moses by the name JEHOVAH, and to the Jews and Gentiles as My Son JESUS, their SAVIOR, but by My New Name ALEUZENEV was I not known to them. Write through and out of the airways saying to the burning bushes, (politicians) and his leader: Let My Peaceful People come! Los AZTECAS, that they may honor Me with their work, gathering the Bread of Life under the Sun for their brethren with love, For I AM the Bread of Life that came down from Heaven to save the World.” “And He said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.” Revelation 10:11
Then, I praised His New Name, ALELUYA! AMEN! ALEUZENEV! Revelation 3:12
And I saw The New Jerusalem as The New Vision of Peace coming down from Heaven from My God, and His Son JESUS ALEUZENEV sitting on a white horse, The LORD and SERVANT of ALL PEOPLE, His New Name. And the Berlin wall coming down in fragments and stating: “NO MORE DIVISION AMONG MY PEOPLE.” And I say: “Vengan mis hermanos Judios para Aleuzenev”
To think that Aleuzenev means Venezuela is like thinking that GOD means Dog.
Ivor Manuel prophet, the pillar, branch of the Lord. Orlando, May 20, 2006
www.aleuzenev.com

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home