.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Sunday, March 05, 2006

I thought it was actually a pretty good Haiku

Sun rises on words
spewn at noon in poor verse
but night falls on mirth. - Effeminem (Moi) #165

In high school we played word games - sad, I know- which I rather excelled at. We would speak only in questions, or only in haiku. Once someone dared me to write a five page paper on immigration completely in haiku form, which I did. Then there was the time we spoke only in questions in the form of haiku. The next class was English, and I think I won the game by asking a moderately insightful question, directly related to the discussion, in the form of a haiku. There were gasps of awe and appreciation and possibly mild swearing.

My preference for haiku may be because I tend to be concise. I write in aphorisms, like Nietsche, that poor misunderstood man. I also try to tie up the loose ends of what I'm saying. Oh well.

Maybe it's because I am uneducated in such things, and don't know the proper structure of a sonnet or... ahhhh.... mm... other.. structure.

1 Comments:

Blogger bradford said...

I enjoy your focus, this post asks for one of mine paraphra-zing B. Franklin, "I so admire the truly humble that if I were one, I'd be so proud."

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home