.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Thought for the weekend

After last year's election, I had a small piece of scrap notebook paper, approximately 1.5" by 5". The tape was sitting nearby. For whatever reason, I wrote, in very small print,

"Four more years, suckas."

and posted it on the door of my apartment. The following day someone had written,

"of war!"

Think about the mentalities involved here. Granted, it was a senseless thing for me to do, but this was not a BUSH 2004 banner. It was a tiny piece of paper, barely noticeable from 5' away. Apparently it drew someone's interest enough that they approached, read it, were angered by defeat, found a pencil, and tried to rebut me.

A 7 in^2 piece of notebook paper, taped to a random doorway. What could possess people to

1) care that much

2) write on my paper

3) assume a Kerry victory would have ended the war?

I just thought it was interesting. I wrote an addendum:

"yeah"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home