.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

They think I would troll Atrios?

Thanks for the traffic anyway, but I'm far too elitist and out-of-touch to debate the left of center in their own lair. I post as 'Effeminem,' and only between 8 PM and 8 am CST. The comments over there did give me a great insight, however.

People are outraged over the treatment of prisoners because they think 100 degrees is hot.

This is, of course, laughable, as any heat index below 130 is perfectly comfortable for a healthy adult. The statement is also a microcosm of the fact that many people consider our treatment of prisoners heinous because they are themselves 'pansies.' I regularly hear friends express shock over the privation that I inflict on myself, but the reality is that concrete is relatively soft, especially with a book or a pair of shoes for a pillow. After 48 hours without food, hunger stops.

I should work on that Cold War retrospective now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cough - http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/11239857.htm - cough.

8:56 PM  
Blogger ManiaC Provost said...

Yes, we've killed a lot of prisoners due to mistreatment. I oppose this. I've posted about it. For whatever reason, I'm not emotionally invested in the issue.

100 degrees is still running weather.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home