.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Monday, June 27, 2005

"In your faces, hippies!" - neocons

Last week, I said that although the occupation Iraq was dysfunctional, I believed enough soldiers had been sent. My main arguments were cost, feasibility, and effectiveness. Andrew Sullivan was kind enough to be unconvinced. Well, here's a factoid from Rumsfeld's et al.'s testimony the other day, brought to us courtesy of QandO:

"When asked if they needed more troops in Iraq all of the generals said an emphatic "no". Abizaid and Casey both said that they get the troops they request and if they need more they'll let the SecDef and Chairman of the JCS know. One of them, and i don't remember which, said more troops would actually be a detriment right now."

Politicians would make this up, but I can't see any motive for the brass to do so. They can't be bucking for Sec. Def., because Bush won't be re-elected. They can't be running for office because so many people think they're incompetent.

BTW, does anyone know how far away you have to take a possum to prevent it from coming back?

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Naka said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a georgia small business health insurance
site. It pretty much covers georgia small business health insurance
related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your message on consolidation is great! I have a site on coca cola consolidated.com
Your readers might find interesting. You can check it out at: http://www.apexconsolidation.com

5:36 AM  
Blogger Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about forex com gci financial ltd on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free forex com gci financial ltd
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

1:29 AM  
Blogger Danny White said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a buy targeted web site traffic site/blog. It pretty much covers buy targeted web site traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time:-)

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your blog visitors would like to see this international currency trading website:
international currency trading

1:43 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

hello, your blog is interesting to read, I have a currency trading website, it is informative and provides many currency charts and real time currency quote. It should be helpful to your trading.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home