.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Gaahhhhhh

"I'm on Social Security, and it's probably the best investment I've ever made," said the club's president, 75-year-old Maurice Labens. "As long as I live I'll have some income from it, even if I live to be 150. I'd hate to see that get messed up." - latimes.com, via the morons at Dailykos

So, Social Security is an investment. I thought it was a wealth transfer from the young and productive to the old and unproductive.

So, she wants to work for 45 years, retire, and then be taken care of by others for 85 years. Add her childhood, and thats 105 +- 5 years of being a bum.

So, she wants to deny younger workers the chance to help themselves, even when doing so would not affect her in any way.

By the way, the club she is president of is the Better Investment Group, an investment club.

In related news, somebody (a member of the Neolibertarian Network) noticed the following: Bush's plan is to let workers invest their money in the stock market. This will be a huge sum of money, and the eventual result is that workers will control the means of production. That is the definition of communism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home