.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Saturday, March 26, 2005

An Oversight on my part

I noticed Thursday or yesterday that I had- you won't believe this- not read all of the Heinlein books in the local library. Granted, my first priority is to read every Jack Vance that I can find- but Heinlein alternates bizarre and inane pulp fiction with inspired genius.

All of that was to say that I found yet another functioning libertarian society in "Beyond This Horizon." The best part is the division of social classes; either you wear an armband, or you carry a weapon. Duels are commonplace, and naturally, those who wear the armbands are immune and despised. The story is good, and Heinlein's customary free-love fest is more subdued and reminiscent of modern reality that it usually is. The society seems more sexist than usual as well; are these related? An academician would try to answer that question. *coughleftie*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home