.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

News In Briefs

First, we've been spinning the mass protests in Lebanon as a democratic movement. Maybe so, but the only sentiment I've heard from the Lebanese so far is hatred of Syria. Hatred is of the Dark Side.

Second, Japan wants to build a base on the moon in 2025. (If man... is still alive...) Nice. Space exploration is my pet pork, though I'd be happy to see NASA axed if the rest of the welfare state went with it. Spaceshipone, Spacex, and the Virgin Guy among others are proving the manned space industry can survive on its own- not to mention XM radio and the whole cell phone craze. Of course, NASA's ummm, basic research is nice, but should we really be taxing working families to research composite material lifting bodies? ...No. Maybe for ionic hall-effect thrusters. Yum.

So then I was all like, maybe I should mention Bush Losing Ground on Social Security, which barely seems possible. I still think he'll win, due to the political ineptitudity of the opposition. But then I was all like, I need lunch, so I'll save that for next month.

There's other news, I guess, but most of it's man-bites-dawg stuff. ?. And there's a supreme court decision I'll cover later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home