.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2010 - Welcome to the Future!
............Site Feed............ ............Main............ ..........Blogroll Me..........

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Dance, Dance Macabre

He also warned the US military not to interfere in Lebanon, saying: "If the
American fleet lands in Lebanon, it will be defeated." -- BBC


Hahahahaha, oh, I got my laugh for today. Lebanon doesn't have enough berths for our fleet.

The article does point out that we have experienced some irrational exuberance recently. Well, the article doesn't explicitly do that because the BBC doesn't care about American NeoCons. It logically follows, though.

As I said, the protests in Lebanon, while they look great, have been less about democracy than about kicking out Syria. Lebanon is sort of democratic anyway, and they seem to have their second amendment rights in place. The counterprotests organised by Hezbollah, well, they're surprisingly big.

I checked Priceline, and a round trip ticket to Beirut is about 2600$US, with layovers in London and Bulgaria. Since I'm busy this month anyway, I guess I'll have to miss the revolution. I've never been to one, and I wanted to start small- not plunge right into a Red October or anything.

Of course, I've heard the French are revolting, too, but since that usually involves a bunch of aristocrats running around like chickens with their heads chopped off, I think I'll pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home